Johannes wrote:

> I wasn't going to even comment on this whole discussion, but I honestly
> think that Will overreacted far worse than David. There was no real
> reason for that.

I agree.

We all know David can be abrasive sometimes, and like many here I have
occasionally called him on it. But in this case Will was being a total ass.

Yes, we all know that Finale has problems, and several among our number have
made the decision to switch to Sibelius. If Will does the same, good for him.
Sibelius is a better fit for some people, and maybe he's one of them.

But Will wasn't content to just say goodbye and move on. He had to make a big
scene about it and dare anyone to knock the chip off his shoulder. Each time I
saw another post from Will I kept thinking, "Didn't you say you were leaving?
Why are you still here?" but he just couldn't let go. It was like he was
spoiling for a fight. Then when someone (David) took the bait, Will went
ballistic and started spewing profanity.

Someone said we're all on Will's side. I'm not. If that's the way he's going to
be, I'm glad he's gone. I don't care what software he uses, I just want him off
the list. And if David's rough talk is what finally drove him off for good, in
this case I'm grateful for it.

mdl