OOPS! The last thing I want to do is to start THAT thread again. I wasn't sorry for quoting Brahms (the whole account of his interview with Arthur M. Abel is readily available in print in Abel's book _Talks with Great Composers_, and portions are on the web), as I will gladly quote anything Brahms says, but I regretted a statement or two I made in that thread, (which I said mostly after I was hit in the face with that previously quoted remark!) and I came to regret redirecting that whole thread. My purpose in dredging out that remark is that I just didn't want David to deny totally profanity, especially when I had been the indirect target.

I am done with all of this. Anybody can have any last word they want. I value David's constant expertise and occasional wit. I hope he learns to be kinder to other human beings who are also typing on this planet.

Ray Horton