From:   "Noel Stoutenburg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     finale@shsu.edu
Date:   Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:10:04 -0600
Subject:        Re: [Finale] the possibility of spam via Finale list

Plain Text Attachment [ Scan and Save to Computer ]

MB wrote:
>  Ihave gotten several spam messages referencing Finale and pretending
 to be from Robert Patterson.  As a result, I stopped including my
 signature and full name on any messages I post to the list.

Are you sure they were through this list? The reason I ask is that
Robert Patterson has a separate email list on Yahoo Groups that he
operates in support of his Patterson Plug-ins, and a subscriber (or
subscribers) to that list have been posting unsolicited commercial
messages to the list. These come from the list, but not necessarily
 from
Robert Patterson, and do not show up in my mailbox as pretending to be
from him.

ns