At 07:52 PM 8/11/2007, David W. Fenton wrote:
>On 11 Aug 2007 at 19:22, Thurletta Brown-Gavins wrote:
>
>> Fortunately, my ISP's spam filter catches about 90 percent of my spam
>> into  its "quarantine," but I'd sure like to know if anything can be
>> done at  shsu.edu to make our posts a little less "open."
>
>The only thing that SHSU could do would be to prohibit subscriptions
>by addresses at these websites that republish mailing list content.

I think someone would have to go through by hand to unsubscribe these addresses. And even then, it's possible to have a normal-looking address which forwards to an archive.

>I'd be all for it, myself.

I long ago stopped assuming that anything I say on the Internet is in any way private, so that doesn't bother me. And mail-archive.com does seem to at least obscure addresses, so that doesn't bother me either. And it is nice to have a way to search the archives of this list, since SHSU has chosen not to provide that.

Aaron.