At 9:03 PM -0400 8/11/07, Darcy James Argue wrote:
It's beyond "nice," it's essential. Since there is no officially sanctioned way to search the archive, I find mail-archive.com invaluable, and would strongly oppose any attempt to prevent them from archiving the list.

If you're really that worried about email spam, get a better spam filter. Or open a disposable webmail account just for mailing lists, separate from your "real" email address.

Our campus just adopted something called Junk Mail Manager, and so far it seems to be doing an excellent job of bouncing a lot of the SPAM I've been having to handle through the Eudora filter. I assume they just purchased a commercial program, since that's mostly how this campus operates, so I don't know whether JMM is actually the name of the program or just the name they've given to their operation.

John

--
John R. Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music