I have every reason to believe that the performer of this piece will understand exactly what my notation means. It would be possible to say - "Please make this roll rhythmically meaningful. Have it imply clearly the rhythmic arrival of the down beat on the top note." Easy enough, if you are going to be there, and the player is experienced in the things you want. Otherwise we are stuck with the inadequacies of notation, none of which ever completely expresses what's in a played (or spoken) language.

Chuck