I know. But if you can get it to extend an internal 16th beam stub, let me know how. You can ONLY extend the beginning and end of a beam set. Try this: notate 8th note, 16th rest, 16th note, and try to extend the secondary beam from the last 16th note over the rest. Can't be done.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios