keith helgesen / 07.9.19 / 7:11 PM wrote:

>If "Finale" (i.e. Make Music, or Coda, or whatever) have a list of all these
>known bugs, why don't they bring out one huge 'update' which fixes ALL these
>well documented and long-known bugs?

Once an application is designed to do more than one thing, bug fix
becomes terrible difficult, not to mention testing the entire app to
make sure the fix didn't brake something else.  Windows version needs
more resources than Mac version since the possible combination of the
platform is endless.  Heck OS itself has own bugs.

Application like DiskWarrior, which is a Mac disk maintenance tool is
the example of this.  It does only one thing, optimizes directory
structure.  This is why this app has been around this long and known to
be super reliable.

The current Finale has been here too long.  I believe the last time
Finale had redeveloped from the scratch was v3, and I bet MM! isn't
making enough money for new Finale R&D.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>