David W. Fenton / 07.9.19 / 4:09 PM wrote:

>I don't think that's entirely true. Finale 97 saw the final switch to
>Win32 and the adoption by Coda of Microsoft development tools. That
>required a complete rewrite of the codebase, at least that's what I
>got from the things our good friend Randy Stokes told us at the time.

Rewriting and redesigning are two different things tho.  Every time OS
evolves, developers have to port one way or the other.  Abstract are
still the same.

While MM! seems to know backward compatibility is one of the most
popular request, they don't seems to be able to do it unless Finale is
redesigned from ground up.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>