On 15.10.2007 Tyler Turner wrote:
The revamped Simple Entry of 2004 and 2005 was not
intended to mimic Sibelius but rather to blatantly
borrow the things Sibelius was doing right and then go
way past them in coming up with an efficient tool.
Sibelius still maintains an advantage in regional
selection that helps greatly when entering music. But
looking purely at the entry systems (for both notes
and other objects), Simple Entry in Finale is much
more efficient.

That may well be the case. However, after about five quite extended attempts to master Simple in Finale I still cannot do it well. On the other hand I know many Sibelius users who are not computer experts by any means and they are very efficient with it.

Like David Fenton I also think that I would miss Speedy badly in Sibelius. It is, imo, one of the very last trumps Finale still has to make some pro users stay.

On the other hand I rather expect Sibelius to include a Speedy entry method like Finale in one of the next updates. It would very much fit their policy of trying to win Finale users over. They have done this with scroll view (that was my very big problem in the past trying to test the Sibelius demo and being completely thrown by the constant jumping around on the screen). Now I am pretty positive they will do the same for Speedy. And then the Finale users will slowly die out, unless MakeMusic doesn't change its fundamental attitude.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de