At 09:47 AM 10/15/2007, dhbailey wrote:
>The recent change in Speedy Entry behavior which now assigns ctrl-3
>(top-row) to zoom factor, depriving us of the deeply-ingrained behavior
>of defining a triplet with ctrl-3 (top-row -- it still works with the
>numpad 3 key but that was never what I did) made me think that they
>don't consider speedy-entry users an important group anymore.

It's not a change -- it's an "unintended consequence".

Lots of the behavior changes in Fin2008 involved making shortcuts consistent across tools, so that shortcuts that work on measures are the same with the new and improved Selection tool, or with the Measure tool, or with some other tool. So Ctrl-3 is now a zoom factor shortcut in all keys.

BUT I believe it was an oversight not to disable the zoom behavior in Speedy, and this has been reported to MM lots of times. Obviously, when you're in the Speedy frame, non-Speedy shortcuts don't have much meaning. It would surprise me greatly if this were not fixed in the maintenance release.

Aaron.