I have an actual Finale bug/tip!

I don't know if this problem still exists in Finale 2008 (I'm guessing it does), but it is present in FinMac 2k7c.

Sometimes the automatic word extensions disappear over a double bar line (i.e., 2 thin lines -- I use them at tempo changes).

The fix is to change the double bar line to a single bar line, invoke the auto-word extension, and then reapply the double barline. This is another one of those things that you have to remember to do at the end of editing a piece, because it can disappear again with a lot of editing or revising.

I don't know if this is a widely known bug, but for the time being, I have given up on reporting it to MakeMusic.

-Randolph Peters