Hello John (and David).

Thanks for clarification. You know, having worked as a conductor in Germany, the Netherlands and -of course- in my own country, I've been frustrated by many misunderstandings caused by the different pitch names. The B/H discussion invited me to tell something from what I remember of my musical education, nearly 50 years ago now. By no means I pretended to be historically correct.

I can only hope that somehow there will be more understanding to each others *point-de-vue*.

Hans
====
You will excuse me for any typo's due to a visual handicap.

Op 01-nov-07, om 05:19 heeft John Howell het volgende geschreven:

Hello, Hans, and you are very close to the truth in these matters.

[snip]

Like I said:  monks with feathers.

John
--