Guiliano,

My original reply to your message didn't seem to get to the list, but you aren't out of options in 2006.

Drag and drop behaved differently from copy and paste in version before 2007. The reasons had something to do with the kind of data you could get the operating system's clipboard to hold. Some things wouldn't work with copy and paste, but since drag and drop stayed "in house" inside Finale, that worked for all items.

They messed with it a bit after changing the general behaviour, but it works properly now, in late 2007 and 2008.

But in 2006 and previous, if you select the source measures and then alt-click the first target measure, this behaves the same as drag and drop. (I hope I got the PC key right; I am on a Mac). This is useful when the target area is off screen; you select your source, scroll to the target and alt-click to copy everything.

You can still do what you need to do this way.

Christopher