On 30-Nov-07, at 3:44 PM, Giuliano Forghieri wrote:

Something related: am I the only one that can't get smart shapes copied along with the rest of the music?

If I copy by clicking and dragging they get copied, but if use ctrl- c or ctrl-shift-c then ctrl-v everything gets copied but smart shapes. Of course the settings in the Items To Copy dialog are correct.

Am I missing something?

Fin 2006 on Windows

Umm, I think I remember this copying behaviour changed in 2007. They were experimenting with different things around that time; even from one update to another the behaviour changed.

I was a little perplexed at first, as I was used to taking advantage of the different behaviours to copy things differently, but it turned out well in the end.

If you want to use the drag-and-drop behaviour when the target measure are off-screen, select the measures and then alt-click the first target measure (I think that is the correct key in PC-land, if not try control or some other combination.) to achieve the identical behaviour to drag and drop.

Christopher