Hi all,

2008b has been relatively stable on my setup, but I have encountered a recurring problem: I cannot click out of dialog boxes using the mouse and either the "Cancel" or the "OK" button. Sometimes the "Enter" key will work, but sometimes you get a recalcitrant dialog that wont close. By accident, I found that clicking "Cancel" and then clicking in the grey bar at the top of the dialog window (after I had dragged the box out of the way - off the score) would close the box. This only works after clicking the"cancel" button. (Haven't tried it after clicking "OK.")

Experimenters might try going in to Speedy Options and de-selecting the "Fill with rests" option. When I did that, Finale asked me to enter a valid number for fixed scaling (even though I had not changed the default settings for this).

This seems pretty buggy to me, though not a work stopper.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836