Hi Folks,
couldn't find this issue in past threads, so I
apologize if this is an oft-repeated question.

How do you all feel about using dotted quarters in
6/8, 9/8, 12/8 and dotted halves in 12/8? If you tell
finale to fill a bar with rests, it uses the quarter
and eighth rests rather than dotted ones. I think
that's fine for 6/8, but when you get into the larger
meters, having so many symbols makes it difficult to
group the beats together (e.g. there is no real "half"
rest for 12/8, which makes it hard to divide it into
mentally-manageable chunks).

Aside from your opinions on the subject, I guess my
real question is this: Is there a way for me to make
Finale use the rests that I prefer in a given meter? I
haven't spent much time looking yet, but figured you
guys could save me an hour or two!

Thanks!

Ryan