Just so everyone knows, the demo is available (we worked hard to turn that
around quicker this year...) so that you can try out the new expressions. My
(take it as you will) opinion is that the new expressions are far better than
the old ones. I also do not use staff lists to the extent of some folks here,
but I think when you see what we're looking to accomplish I think you'll like
the change.

I also did a bunch of work with old files from back when I didn't know finale
as well while I was gone a couple of weeks ago. It did not take me long at all
to get all the expressions working with the new stuff. I just dropped them into
categories, reset the fonts and positioning, and shaved a LOT of cleanup work
off the conversion (I think they were Fin97 files...).

That said, since I've distracted everyone from discussing Finale by
accidentally including my signature and taking a vacation day, I think it's
best that I shut up for a while. We do, as Aaron mentioned two official routes
for support: our forum (http://forum.makemusic.com/) and our Knowledge
Base/Case System (http://www.finalemusic.com/support.aspx). The KB is not
static like the old FAQ's used to be, and is constantly updated based on what
users are contacting us most about.

I've always viewed this list as a place where Finale users could discuss their
techniques, things they've learned, engraving standards, fun topics about the
millennium changing, etc; not as a conduit to MakeMusic. I've been on this list
for close to 10 years, and I seem to remember statements in the past that one
of the reasons people subscribed to this list was that there was no official
corporate presence here, and that their opinions could be expressed more freely.