From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Craig Parmerlee
Sent: Fri 01-Aug-08 15:42
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: [Finale] Garritan jazz sounds: Are you satisfied?

I just installed F2009, moving from 2007.  2007 never had the jazz
instruments, so I never used the Garritan sounds.  One of the primary
reasons I upgraded was to get the more realistic playback on big band
charts.

I have created a simple score from the Finale setup wizard, letting it
set all the defaults for the Garritan jazz instruments.  I must say my
first impression is that this doesn't sound particularly realistic.  To
my ears, it sounds pretty much like the regular synth sounds, only with
a lot more reverb.

I am wondering:

1) Does anybody else share that opinion, or perhaps have a completely
different opinion?

2) Are there some tweaks that people have found necessary in order to
make the Garritan jazz instruments play back more realistically?