A little follow-up question for Chuck or anybody else who knows the answer.

If I purchase the full JABB package and set my instruments under Kontact, are those settings saved with my Finale score? In other words the next time I open that score, it will have the same instruments I assigned through Kontact? And likewise, different Finale scores can use different combinations of the Garritan sounds, and those settings are restored automatically each time I open an existing Finale score?

I surmise from this discussion that it is not possible to select instruments from the full JABB set when creating a new score using the setup wizard. Is that correct?

Chuck Israels wrote:
I had no trouble using the full JABB sounds. You need to use the Kontakt Player 2 to get them loaded into the file, and that interface is nowhere near as clear and elegant as the new Aria Player that comes with Finale, but it works decently. I'm not sure of this, but the impression I think I got from Gary was that the Aria player would eventually be a piece of stand alone software, in which case, perhaps it will become available for use with the full Garritan sounds and the Kontakt Player will become unnecessary. Until then, you use the Kontakt software and the instrument list in Finale, and everything works smoothly.

My needs are pretty well served by the full JABB, but there are times, even in my "jazz" work that I need GPO instruments (Horns, for instance), and the two sets of sounds are easily integrated into a file using the Kontakt Player software.