From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Craig Parmerlee
Sent: Fri 01-Aug-08 15:42
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: [Finale] Garritan jazz sounds: Are you satisfied?

I just installed F2009, moving from 2007.  2007 never had the jazz
instruments, so I never used the Garritan sounds.  One of the primary
reasons I upgraded was to get the more realistic playback on big band
charts.

I have created a simple score from the Finale setup wizard, letting it
set all the defaults for the Garritan jazz instruments.  I must say my
first impression is that this doesn't sound particularly realistic.  To
my ears, it sounds pretty much like the regular synth sounds, only with
a lot more reverb.

I am wondering:

1) Does anybody else share that opinion, or perhaps have a completely
different opinion?

2) Are there some tweaks that people have found necessary in order to
make the Garritan jazz instruments play back more realistically?

But dumping the midi file into Sonar won't help a person who is using the Garritan sounds which come with Finale -- he didn't say he had purchased the JABB set from Garritan. He has simply made use of the newly included samples from JABB which were incorporated in the Fin2009 package.

--
David H. Bailey