I am browsing public domain pdf files from CDSheetmusic to see what might
transcribe for guitar. In light of this week's discussion I downloaded
SharpEye and PDFtoMusic Pro.

Using SharpEye was convoluted because the it needs TIFF files. I had to:

1. Convert the protected pdf files in the Adobe PDF printer driver as a
graphic file (which is what they are anyway).
2. Open that file in PhotoShop
3. Save as TIFF
4. Opened in SharpEye.
5. Process in SharpEye
6. Save XML from SharpEye
7. Open XML in Finale.

Sharpeye made enough errors that were awkward enough to correct that it was
not faster than entering the music from scratch into Finale. And even if it
were marginally faster, it is far more aggravating and stressful to do
compared to breezing along in Speedy.

As posted earlier, PDFto Music Pro, did not work at all on a bitmapped
graphics pdf file.

Overall, for me, music scanning software is just not yet up to saving me any
time.