At 12:52 PM 12/25/2008, Robert Patterson wrote:
>Do the rests retain their positioning in the parts if you use TGTools?

Sadly, no. TGTools appears to figure out how wide the measure is and apply an EVPU offset to the rest. The offset is the same in score and parts, so if there are different measure widths, or if you later change measure widths, you're out of luck.

>And would this not also break up multimeasure rests?

Well, simply entering the double whole rest breaks MM rests, regardless of what you do with the positioning.

Sorry, I guess I was just answering the detail question of how to position the rest, not really thinking about the larger issues.

Aaron.