I use WinFin2003, and just had a disaster with uploading a PDF
produced after some minor edits on a file. I did nothing but alter
some of the note values in some measures (altering quite a few dotted
whole notes to be whole notes plus half rest). I didn't think about
it, and just reprinted the PDF.

The original layout was 4 pages, 1 piece on pp. 1-2, the other on pp.
3-4. The PDF I just printed came out with the piece on pp. 1-2, the
last system of p. 2 repeated on p. 3, the 2nd piece on pp. 4-5 and
the last system of p. 5 repeated on p. 6. I immediately recognized
the problem when informed about it and opened the file, went to page
layout view, hit Ctrl-U and reprinted, and it came out fine.

Certainly I could auto-update layout and avoid this problem, but I'm
*never* going to do that. Do recent versions of Finale manage not to
screw up existing layouts? Perhaps it has something to do with the
fact that I tend to work back and forth between 75% and 100% view and
perhaps printing from one or the other magnifications causes the
problem?

Does this still happen? I certainly haven't encountered it when I
hadn't even changed anything but the internal content of measures
(i.e., changes that don't have any effect whatsoever on the width of
measures).

This really screwed up a project that needed to be finished by
tomorrow night, and now won't be (because I'm totally booked all day
tomorrow).

And it makes me look really stupid, given that I was bitching about
the form in which the editing was conveyed to me.

I'm definitely in a really bad mood right now.