I wonder whether there would be interest to start a discussion about printing, binding and finishing scores and parts.

Just to start this let me describe what I typically do.

I have a HP 5000 printer, so I can print large sheets pretty easily. So I prepare all my scores and parts as PDF booklets (I use CocoaBooklet, but I believe this would even work through Acrobat itself, it is just easier using this Mac Application).

I fold the sheets over. I have started to do this in bunches of four. I'd love to hear how others do this. I use my paper cutter as an alignment tool.

I then staple using a long arm stapler, and I have recently modified it, so that the staples are not bent but instead go through the paper and two holes in the stapler (which I drilled), then I bend them over myself. This works much better in my experience, especially with thicker booklets.

Eventually I trim the front. I just bought a rather big and sturdy paper cutter for this purpose. If I don't do this, in addition to the unprofessional look, page turns can become difficult at times.

I'd love to hear from others about some tips they have accumulated over the years. I am especially interested hearing about better methods to fold the sheets.

Johannes