OK, having used the Acer Netbook with Finale for the past couple of days:
- Sound = no good.  In a score with 7 staves, it can't keep up - it's like
being back on the Mac Classic more than 10 years ago.  This is with Garritan
turned off, all sounds internally and no other applications running.

- Some of the palettes take up a bit of room.

- Still, it's amazing how well Finale runs, on a basic level on this little
machine.

- I bought an external kbd and external mouse where I am for not much money
and it makes the process so much better.

The lack of screen real estate is the worst thing.  For smaller scores, it's
good enough to work in scroll view with the % at 53%.  However, doing page
layouts aren't much fun.  Need to make extensive use of the zoom shortcuts.

Matthew