On 10/3/2009 5:24 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
If Finale were a subscription program, would I be paying every year
to keep using Finale 2003? Would I pay less each year to keep using
it? Or would I not have to pay anything unless I wanted the current
version?

I answered this in my previous email. In the software subscription models I've seen, you buy the software and can use it for however long you want. The subscription part is to keep getting updates (and support, in some cases). So if you bought Fin03 and liked it, you wouldn't have to pay any more money to use it. But if you wanted any bugfixes after the first year, you'd have to pay the subscription fee to get them.

If the latter, I can't see how this would be any different at all
from what you already have.

Right. This is what I've said a couple of times now. The difference is one of expectiations. Put simply, when I buy software, I expect bug fixes for a couple of years. Finale doesn't do that. They give you bugfixes for only one year (or less), which is more like a subscription model. So I would rather they just call it that.

Aaron.