To increase speed, I use a ram disk and have Finale save its temp files to that. I know people say that using a ram disk makes no sense on os x but the difference for me in terms of finale is noticeable and substantial. This is on a recent iMac, and has been the case forever.
Matthew

Sent from my iPhone