Haroldo Mauro Jr. wrote:
At 16:49 -0400 29/10/09, dhbailey wrote:
As a long-time Speedy Entry user in Finale, I have to say that it didn't take
me too long to get comfortable with Sibelius' Rhythm First, Pitch Second entry
mode.  It's not all that difficult, and if you wish to change the rhythm after
having input something you don't like, it's easy to change.

I really don't see what all the fuss is, since in the compositional mode, I don't enter either until I've got a good idea what both pitch and rhythm should be and then it doesn't matter which goes in first.

To me it is inconvenient because when I use Speed Entry with an external
keyboard, I keep my eyes on the screen and don't look at the keyboard. If I hit
a wrong note when entering music, my ears warn me, so I can play the right note
before it is entered. If I play the wrong note in Sibelius, the wrong note goes
into the score, so  I have to stop and fix it. That slows down the process. it
is easier and faster to detect a wrong note and correct it at the keyboard than
to edit the score. Could one edit a wrong note in Sibelius as fast and easily
as moving a finger to an adjacent key in the keyboard?

Perhaps not as totally easy as moving to a different key on the keyboard, but almost as easy -- simply move to the cursor key and push up or down before entering the next pitch.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com