On 12/28/2009 1:45 PM, Andrew Stiller wrote:
How? In Mac OS9 there was a wonderful little freeware utility called
Print2Pict that would make a pict (or TIFF or GIF) out of a pdf file or
anything else, but I know of nothing equivalent under OSX. I now find
myself in need of importing whole pdf pages into Finale as graphics,
and I sure would like to be able to do that without rebooting in System
9 each time I want to make one of these...

I wasn't following the whole thread either, but the full version of Acrobat can save a PDF as a TIFF. You could also open the PDF in Illustrator and save as a TIFF.

Of course, Hiro's suggestion is free for Mac.

Aaron.