On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:44 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

I'm with Dennis that it's better to try to get
Finale to print the desired final result, since that means you don't
have to futz with a separate graphics editing/PDF construction step.

The problem is at base a Sibelius-->Finale one. The composer whose work I want to publish uses Sibelius, and he's been sending me pdfs which I can then print out for publication purposes. The problem is with the extracted parts: I need to be able to print them in booklet order, and that can't be done from Preview or Acrobat Reader. This could in theory be solved either of two ways: either by me importing the pdf pages into Finale and then print out in booklet order (2-up and duplexed on 11x17 paper) from Finale, or by having the composer create a pdf that is already in booklet order so that I could print it straight from Preview in the normal way.

Last I looked, Sibelius could only print booklets by printing one set of pages and then refeeding them into the printer for a second pass. Do recent states of the program provide for single-pass print out (to pdf)? Any other suggestions?

--And please don't recommend Dolet; the conversion is too lossy.

--Andrew

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/