Here's something you can do if you keep the score and parts linked.

For the chorus PART, make the lyrics the size you like. Duplicate the chorus staves, copy the contents, and make the font the size you want in the score. Hide the staves inthe score you are using for the chorus PART, using optimisation (you may need TG Tools for that).

This way you have the effect of having two different font sizes, one for the parts, one for the score.

That being said, I try to put the lyrics large enough to read in the score. 6.5 is too small for me. Score spacing is wider for a score than for parts, so the different spacing problems are much less, IMO.

Christopher