Ryan wrote:

Just curious if any of you have a limit on the minimum size of lyrics in a
score, or if there's a general rule of thumb I should follow.
My personal practice is a final lyric size for voice parts (including chorus and solos) of about12 points, using a typeface which is easy to read. In instances when this takes too much space between staves, I'll use a typeface with has a similar appearance but a larger "x-height", and a somewhat smaller size. I will also, on occasion, use a condensed, or narrow version of a typeface, when the readability of the lyrics is not the prime consideration. I also suspect that the degree to which the size of the typeface giving the lyrices in his score matters to the conductor probably varies with the conductor.

Personally, I'd be inclined to consider breaking the link between the choral score and the "full" score at some point, which would make it trivial to have the choral score with one typeface and size, and the conductor's score with a different typeface and size.

ns