What mail client are you using?

In Apple Mail, it is very easy to have both online (IMAP) folders and "On My
Mac" folders, with automatic rules to handle sorting to each. You could have a
rule that moved all messages older than 30 days from your (online) inbox to
your (offline) inbox archive, for instance. And obviously you could keep your
Finale mail separate from the rest of your inbox. I have been doing this sort
of thing for years now.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----