Honestly, Google can gather information about my email. There is
nothing interesting in there. I'd be more concerned with the global
banking monopoly that exists........but that is me.

I think there were a number of suggestions on how to use both IMAP and
POP, or use IMAP in a way similar to how you are using POP right now.
And these things are possible using Thunderbird as well (which I use).

So.......