Am 10.01.10 19:29, schrieb Dennis Bathory-Kitsz:
Does your musikmanufaktur.com web host not offer both IMAP and POP for the
same account? If so, you can have the benefits of both -- IMAP as needed, POP
for archiving locally. That's what I'm using and, like Eric, find using IMAP
with my phone an easy task on the road.

As far as I can see it cannot be used at the same time unless you unsort the mail before using the pop access. That sort of defeats the purpose, no?

Yes, all my accounts can use both pop and IMAP access. I am currently doing mostly what you suggest, but I can't really use the benefits of IMAP when I then load everything onto the computer via POP.

Johannes