there is also a setting to have them update automatically, which is good either in early stages of the parts but should be turned off to fine-tune your parts, or if you usually never edit the MM rest (MM width, shitfing right spacing to accommodate clefs)

I've generated parts from a score, adjusted them and they were fine a moment ago. Then I did some editing in the score. Now there are missing measures in two parts. Section "F" of the score has 19 measures, but only 9 are showing in these parts. Is there anything I should do to make them apear on the parts, other than generate them again?

I seem to recall you have to update the multimeasure rests.