At 1:31 PM -0400 5/26/10, James Gilbert wrote:

Sibelius doesn't actually have a limit of 5 verses. Sibelius treats lyrics
(and many elements) as text styles. What Sibelius does have is a default of
5 defined lyric text styles. You can define, quite easily, extra lyric
styles.

Thanks, James. There are MANY things in Sibelius that can be taken beyond the defaults, as I'm sure there are in any complex program. The problem is that you have to know (a) that you CAN do them, and then (b) HOW to do them. In the case of lyrics, it isn't a matter of style, but one of placement on the page, which is easy and automatic for the first 5 verses, but I never figured out how to add a 6th.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.