John Howell wrote:

Hardly a spy! I've monitored the FinaleList much longer than I've been on the SibList, since our Department adopted Finale before being forced to drop it when our students were ready to show up with new OSX computers. And I find the different discussions very instructive. The problems discussed and the wish-lists are considerably different on the two lists.

My problem is that I'm a user, but I'll never, EVER be a programmer, so even a simple comment like "make a new text style" leaves me wondering, "HOW"?!!! People who can write their own patches and invent their own workarounds forget that most of us can not.

John

Yeah, that was a joke, because I was pretty sure I remembered you as being the one who brought up the 5-verse limit in Sib. I'm really more of a spy on the Sib list. I got on that list when I was considering switching because of a specific problem, but that problem turned out to be non-Finale related. I bought Sib anyway, during the $80 trade-up special, but never loaded it.

Although, I must say that I bite my lip on the Sib list and don't log in and gloat whenever some applicable Sib question is asked - I don't jump in and say "Are you kidding? That's so easy in Finale!" One or two of the Sib users here will do that here, on occasion, and it's not really helpful if that poster is not conversant with both programs, just as my comment on the non-existent Sib 5-verse limit was not helpful.

RBH