At 10:07 AM +0200 5/30/10, dc wrote:
John Howell écrit:
Well, if you have the last Da Capo written out (which is what your outline shows), it's no longer a Da Capo, right? You might want to put a rubric like "Keep playing to the end" just to be perfectly clear for sightreading.

This is assuming everyone reads English, which is not the case. Nor is English the standard language in the musical world. The only rubric I could imagine putting would be... volti subito.

Correct, of course. But V.S. would work for me. Or whatever the Italian is for "don't repeat."

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.