On Sun Jun 6, at SundayJun 6 1:25 AM, Randolph Peters wrote:

Just be aware that if Human Playback is involved, you will get small but deadly timing variations between takes, so you will want to apply Human Playback to the file as a permanent modification. You then turn off HP and each track will then follow the same tempo variations. You could do this to a copy of the original file in case you don't like the results.

Have this paragraph above engraved on a plaque and hung in your work space. Randolph, I wish I had spoken to you a couple of years ago. I spent a fair bit of time coming to exactly this conclusion.

Craig, you are going to find that Finale's rendering of the playback, even with Human Playback and the excellent Garritan sounds, is going to want a bit of tweaking. Separate MIDI tracks in a sequencer is the only way to do that. I thought as you did, that the individual audio tracks would have been fine, but I kept wanting to tweak just ONE note, then just ONE more, then just ONE more...

Christopher