On 6/6/2010 9:00 AM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:
The upshot is that for Finale to be taken serious as a rendering tool,
it needs to either produce independent WAV files per track or else
become an order of magnitude easier to achieve a reasonable mix.

Personally, I don't think Finale is intended to be taken seriously as a rendering tool. I think it's a notation tool which happens to have some halfway decent tools for producing audio output.

This is a little like saying, "If Microsoft Word wants to be taken seriously as a layout program....". Word is a word processor which also gives you the ability to do some basic layout. But it will never come close to the abilities of a real layout program, like InDesign or Quark.

(This is where one of the listers -- I forget who -- jumps in and says that they have long used Finale as a word processor.)

Just my $0.02. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice for Finale to do what you want, just that I think it's outside its declared scope.

Aaron.