On Wed, June 23, 2010 4:22 pm, David W. Fenton wrote:
> I haven't bought a physical CD in a "record store" for 5 years or
> more.

I have ... there's one left in the nearby state capital, but I look for old
LPs of long-lost material.

> I haven't bought a physical CD online in several years (though that's
> as much to do with poverty as anything else).

Yes, I bought one! Music from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

But seriously, I buy tracks online very occasionally. In fact I had to buy the
"Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" on Amazon because I lost the "O Brother"
CD.

What I'm really waiting for is a viable high-resolution format --
multi-channel, high bit/word rate, something that sounds really silky. I
record live concerts in 24/96 format and the results remastered to CD are
pallid and those committed to MP3 are gritty by comparison. I just love
listening to those 24/96 files in my little studio.

Dennis