Oh? For a community orchestra like ours, that has an annual budget barely distinguishable from zero? Not likely. And just to mention it in passing, community orchestras also tend to have a number of older members whose eyesight is not that of a 20-year-old any more.

Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate. It SEEMS to be a technology that could serve us awfully well. Just not yet. Orchestral equipment is what it is because over about 3 centuries that's proven to be what is needed. That includes part sizes--with which one can of course differ--music stand sizes and adjustments, the way stand partners work together, and a whole bunch of other things. A technology designed to work at a distance of about 18" and to be hand held isn't going to serve musicians' needs. And I'll bet that the music market is simply too limited to entice manufacturers to offer the things that WE need.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.