Hello all,

I have a question related to the discussion about transposed scores (scores with or without key signatures, but where instruments are notated as the players see them, so if Bb clarinet has a written C, it sounds as Bb).

I routinely write and think in transposed scores, and write music without key signatures. So, I use the chromatic transposition setting in the staff setting, as many have been discussing. It looks right and it plays back right. No issues. If I'm copying something that has key signatures, I let the setup wizard take care of it, and once again, it looks and plays back fine.

But ... here is what really bothers me. As I'm entering the notes in speedy, Finale plays them for me in "C." For example, I'm writing a piece right now for alto saxophone. If I want to write a C, which sounds as an Eb, I play the C on my midi keyboard, and I hear a C as I'm entering the note. If I exit speedy and play back, I hear the Eb. This is annoying, especially while editing and changing things directly in Finale, to hear the "untransposed" note while entering it. It also slows me down, as I have to transpose twice (from what I hear and play to what I want to hear, and then from what I see to what I want to hear).

Does anyone know if this is fixable? I want to hear what the player will produce, not only during playback, but as I'm entering the pitch. Is there a setting for that?

Thanks,

David