Hi Steve,

If your preferred behavior were the default, many people would also not
understand why, when they play a "C" on their MIDI keyboard when inputting into
an alto sax staff, Finale instead sounds an "A." And, if they have the volume
turned up on their keyboard, the keyboard still sounds a "C."

I understand why you want the feature you do and I think Finale should support
it, but it should definitely not be the default, and the current behavior is
not a bug.

Meanwhile, it doesn't really seem like that big a deal to me to enter the music
with "Display Score in Concert Pitch" turned on, then flip to transposed pitch
after the note entry is finished. I don't have to transpose the instruments in
my head to "hear" their tone qualities as I write -- it is just second nature
for me to know what the range of each instrument sounds like in concert pitch
as well as transposed pitch. But of course, that's the way I learned, so I'm
sure it comes more naturally to me than it does to others.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org