Hi Robert,

As I said, my experience is that whole rests in 7/4 (and half rests in 7/8)
increase clarity. If, for instance, the beaming pattern in 7/8 is 4+3, why
*wouldn't* you use a half rest for the "4"? The whole point is to help the
reader see the 4+3 subdivision instantly, not obscure it.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org