On 3 Mar 2011 at 12:02, gplw...@letterboxes.org wrote:

> Both Snow Leopard and
> Windows 7 have introduced 64-bit and Windows 8 is rumored to have a
> RISC (reduced instruction set computing) kernel (ARM,) allowing faster
> performance and control/communications with many other devices such as
> game consoles with RISC processors.

Clarification here: there has been 64-bit Windows since long before
Windows 7. Windows XP exists in a 64-bit version, as does Windows
Server 2003.

Also, the ARM support is not a replacement for Intel, just an
extension. Indeed, NT used to be available not just for Intel but
also for the DEC Alpha chipset (you can see the remnants of that in
the installation files for older versions of NT, which had both i386
and Alpha folders). The ARM support is just an additional version of
Windows that will be compiled for the new chipset.

I don't mean to minimize the importance of that -- it's huge -- I
just wanted to clarify that Windows will continue running on Intel
for the foreseeable future.