On Sun Feb 27, at SundayFeb 27 7:41 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

> Honestly, I can't think of ANY program that I use that is just PPC. Nothing.
> 3 years ago, yes, I had stuff that was just PPC. A year ago.....maybe...but
> probably not. Now, nothing.....everything is Universal or just Intel.
>
> As for 10.7 NOT supporting Rosetta. There is NOTHING preventing you from say
> using something like Parallels and running 10.6 or earlier virtually. There
> is also Sheepsaver which allows old OS 9 apps to run on modern Macs. It
> works, but....there isn't really anything to run other than if you want to go
> in the way back machine and revisit Hypercard.....

I guess you don't ever need to open old Finale files, then. I certainly do, and
the import into newer versions of Finale is FAR from perfect. I guess my point
is we DO need to be able to open old versions of Finale, regardless of what we
are normally running.

I still haven't recovered from AppleWorks files breaking in 10.6.6. Pages opens
the word processing docs (not transparently, though) and Numbers opens the
spreadsheets, but for the myriad Paint files I have lying around, nothing will
open them except AppleWorks, which is broken unless all I do is open and print.

Christopher