You are probably right about Win8. (MS had to scale back their plans
considerably in the last couple of years.) But you are just pulling that 10
years number our of your place where the sun don't shine. It could be 2, or
it could be 42. The only real incentive MS has to keep Win32 alive is
Microsoft Office. Once that makes the conversion to .Net, I'd say all bets
are off. All of their other major accounts already use .Net. (I'm sorry to
say, Makemusic is probably not a major account!)